IMPORTANT PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM LAZER DAVE:
NO IN-CLINIC SERVICES OFFERED AT THIS TIME DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19
However, I am working hard on offering Self Laser Therapy Consultation Services via Skype. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive notification when this service is officially launched.
I wish you and yours all the best in these challenging times.
To Your Health,
As an RMT (Registered Massage Therapist), Dave Hanemaayer (Lazer Dave) employs laser therapy for the treatment of various pain and injury syndromes. Laser therapy is also known as low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation, cold laser and laser acupuncture.
The goal of Dave’s in-clinic treatments that combine laser and hands-on techniques is to boost massage therapy results for faster healing, and pain/stress reduction versus hands on techniques alone. Dave has 15+ years of clinical practice and 1,000s of documented treatment plans utilizing laser therapy with successful outcomes.
Photos above pertain to a documented treatment plan using laser therapy for a grade 2 hamstring tear. Results cannot be guaranteed. However, Dave Hanemaayer has a high rate of success using laser acupuncture for pain/injury and laser therapy to quit smoking.
What Is Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy is a treatment which utilizes low level laser light (a.k.a low level laser therapy, LLLT, photobiomodulation therapy, cold laser therapy, laser acupuncture) to stimulate the body’s own natural healing systems to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, promote regeneration of tissue, and other strong healing responses in the body. Lazer Dave, Certified Laser Therapist likes to refer to this process as “super charged healing”.
The light source (laser device) is placed in contact with the skin allowing the photon energy from the laser to penetrate the tissues. This technology can in many cases can be “curative” and in most situations can eliminate or reduce symptoms associated with many acute and chronic pain conditions.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
It is theorized that the main reason for the reduction in pain from laser is due to the anti-inflammatory effect as increased circulation reduces pressure on nerves. In addition, elevated levels of endorphins (morphine like substances naturally produced by the body) reduce the sensation of pain.
LASER APPLIED TO TISSUE
Benefits Of Laser Therapy
There are 7 main benefits of using laser therapy in massage treatments:
- EFFECTIVE – Laser promotes a strong healing response in tissue by reducing inflammation and promoting tissue regeneration. By Dave’s estimation, laser therapy can provoke a healing response 2-6 TIMES STRONGER than the ability of your body to heal itself. This is advantageous when you need an injury or pain syndrome to get better but can’t stop working. There are over 5,000 studies that prove the efficacy of laser for many different types of soft tissue pain and injury.
- PAIN-FREE TREATMENT – Although treatments are based on theories of modern medical acupuncture, no needles are used to pierce the skin. Only gentle, low intensity laser light is applied over the tissue. Many find treatment so relaxing due to endorphin release they are tempted to fall asleep.
- SAFE – Any contraindications to treatment, risks or potential side effects are discussed individually with each patient to facilitate informed consent. Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic and non-invasive.
- REDUCES PAIN & IMPROVES MOOD – Most patients report a significant reduction in pain after massage treatments using laser therapy. In addition, massage treatments utilizing laser therapy often improves mood, reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and other negative emotional factors that can be connected with physical pain.
- REDUCED DEPENDENCY ON PAIN MEDICATION – Most pharmaceuticals options for pain only temporarily reduce symptoms and do not address underlying causes. In addition, many pharmaceuticals come with a host of undesirable side effects and can even damage your internal organs with prolonged use. Though laser therapy can reduce your dependency on such medications, consultation with a
physician is ALWAYS recommended before making any changes in this regard.
- COMBINES WELL WITH HANDS-ON MASSAGE TECHNIQUES – Laser therapy usually makes deep tissue massage techniques like myofascial release or soft tissue release less uncomfortable. Also, laser therapy typically reduces inflammation quickly – this tends to lessen post massage soreness the day after deep tissue treatment. Lastly, many of Dave’s clients report they need less massage sessions overall in managing their pain syndromes when laser therapy is utilized in their treatments.
- TEAM APPROACH – Laser therapy is a perfect adjunct to other therapies you may already be receiving. If you are pleased with your current chiropractor, physiotherapist, naturopath, osteopath, etc. then Dave will encourage you to keep up those treatments. If you need further assistance outside his services, Dave can refer you to the appropriate health care professional.
What Conditions Can Laser Therapy Treat?
Some conditions treatable with laser therapy include:
- Low back, neck, shoulder, knee, hip, foot pain
- Ankle, hand, knee, elbow pain
- Disc degeneration
- ITB syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tendonitis, bursitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
- Trigger points (muscle knots)
- Shin splints
- Achilles tendinitis
- Ligament, muscle, tendon, nerve injury
- Bulging and herniated discs
- Wound healing
- Scar tissue
- Inflammation or swelling
- Muscle tightness
- Golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow
- Sprains & Strains
- Bell’s Palsy
- Black berry thumb
- Repetitive strain injury
- Post surgery
- Post workout soreness
- and more…
How Effective Is Laser Therapy For Reducing Pain?
Laser therapy for pain and healing is effective for many people. There are over 5,000+ scientific studies proving the effectiveness of laser therapy for multitudes of soft tissue pain and injury. Effectiveness rates of 90% are often reported for soft tissue injury.
Most patients do report a reduction in pain after a massage treatment utilizing laser therapy. In cases of acute pain, this may occur at the end of the first or second treatment. In chronic pain cases, this may take 2-3+ treatments until notable results are experienced. Results are not guaranteed.
How Much Does Massage Therapy Utilizing Laser Therapy Treatment Cost?
60-minutes $95*, 45-minutes $80*, 30-minutes $65*.
* First time patients or patients Dave has not see for awhile must book a 60-minute appointment to allow time for intake/assessment and treatment.
Can You Charge Laser Therapy As Massage Therapy?
In addition to hands-on work during his massage therapy sessions, Dave incorporates the laser therapy technique called laser acupuncture. As a result, these treatments are billed as massage therapy and qualify for workplace insurance coverage.
Lazer Dave is currently not offering in person clinical treatments due to the Coronavirus. However Dave is working hard to serve the laser therapy needs of the world via his Self Laser Therapy Solutions Consultations. If you wish to receive notification when Dave officially launches his book and online consultations services please email him at email@example.com.